Bay to Breakers 2012
SF Public Transit
- Trip Planner (this will help you figure out which public transit to take)
- Google Maps (also good for planning transit)
- Muni (bus) $2 for a few hours of riding around SF
- BART (train) - Civic Center Station is closest to Hash Central
- NextBus - This will tell you when the next Muni bus is going to arrive (hopefully)
- Routesy - This iphone app works really well for SF transit.
You might consider purchasing a multi-day Muni bus pass ... $21 for 3 days, among other options.
Airport to SF
You do not need to hire a car if you're flying into San Francisco.
San Francisco Airport (SFO):
- Take BART to downtown San Francisco for $8.10. The closest to stop to Hash Central is Civic Center/UN Plaza station.
- Grab an airport shuttle (like Supershuttle). This will cost around $17 plus tip one way.
- Cab...Unless you are allergic to public transit as this will be $60-70
Oakland Airport (OAK):
- Take the AirBART shuttle to BART and then take that to downtown San Francisco
- Airport shuttle (like Supershuttle) are available for $27 plus tip one way.
- Cab...seriously, take public tranist and save the $60-70 for beer!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org