This Veteran's Day hash may or may not celebrate the military origins of hashing - - " . . . Hashing originated in December 1938 in Selangor, then in Malaysia, when a group of British colonial officers and expats began meeting on Monday evenings to run, in a fashion patterned after the traditional British game "hare and hounds", to rid themselves of the excesses of the previous weekend.” The "naming" tradition also has a military origin, so that hashers could not be identified as either officers or enlisted.
For those who like cosplay: wear something camouflage (think JDGI’s camo pants) or a military hat!
- Drink check by Just Get it Over With
- Curated, artisanal snacks - such as Rose Fingerling Potato Chips with French Grey Guerande Sea Salt (from Trader Joe’s)
- Potential appearance by new father Sir Titty Boo-Boo and yet another SFH3 baby Just Rosalie
- Actual bathrooms within stumbling distance of the keg - oh wait; never mind; those close at 5 PM
- Public transportation nearby at the Presidio Transit Center (Muni 43 and PresidiGo)
Note for dog owners: Active coyotes exist on trail. Dogs are safer at home.